Monday, January 20, 2014

This Week's Meal Plan

This week I am proud of myself for how little I spend on groceries for the week. I only spent $42 which is about half of what I usually spend, and this included stocking up on 2 kinds of flour and on natural peanut butter.

The focus this week was to use up stuff in the freezers, not only to save money as we paid for L's skate lessons this week which are pricey, but also to make space in them. They are packed full!

Sunday: At Mother-in-Law's (family birthday dinner for my husband)

Monday: Turkey Rice Casserole and Caesar Salad (using leftover frozen cooked turkey)

Tuesday: Smoky Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Wednesday: Spaghetti (vegetarian) with homemade Italian Breadsticks and Caesar Salad

Thursday: Pepper Steak and Mashed Potatoes (the pepper steak is already in the freezer, I just need to
               dump it in the slow cooker)

Friday: Pierogies and Cabbage (using up some leftover cabbage)

Saturday: Tuna & Olive Croquettes (We didn't up eating this meal last week. I had a bad migraine and  
               caved and bought take out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs