Monday, June 3, 2013

Frugal Accomplishments May 26 to June 1


















This week I didn't do as many things that were especially frugal.

I made a yummy dessert for 6 (pictured above) for $2.15 total. It was Caramelized Pineapple with French Vanilla Ice Cream. Very basic but tasty. A new premium ice cream was selling for $1/pint in order to promote it and pineapples were on sale for $1 as well. Butter and brown sugar I had.

We used up some of our many leftover hotel toiletries this week (shampoo, body wash, and lotion).

My husband was down to only one pair of shorts. I got him a pair of J. Crew shorts for 7.99.

I made:  DIY instant oatmeal packets in two flavours -- Cinnamon & Brown Sugar and Cardamom Apricot with Almonds.

I wore an outfit this past Friday that cost me a grand total of $2.50!

Unfortunately my workplace experienced a significant flood this past Wednesday. The store on site had a lot of toys that had damaged packaging. I was given 2 Green Toys brand toys that were about to be thrown out, a dump truck and a submarine for the bath. I thoroughly cleaned and disinfected them, which was easy since they're plastic.

For May we were significantly under budget for food and household spending. HOWEVER, we were WAY over budget for eating out. We treated my mother-in-law to two meals out so that had a lot to do with it. It about evens out and means that we stayed on budget this past month.

How about you?


2 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love your new blog! Very inspiring accomplishments. Frugal is... huge. Like I already said: inspiring and lots of food for thought... and actions. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lu! I'm so glad that you like it! And yay for first comment on new blog, it's much appreciated.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs