Monday, May 13, 2013

Frugal Accomplishments May 5 to 11


















This week was a bit of a struggle. The first week back to work after vacation is always a bear! I really struggled with my chronic migraines this week just to make it extra fun. Here's to a better next week!

What we made instead of buying: I made Italian breadsticks and my husband made homemade tartar sauce (to use on yummy Po'Boy sandwiches!)

I regrew green onions from the leftover roots.

I washed out some freezer bags to use again. I try to cut down on our plastic use (although I fall short of completely elimiating it at this point) since the fact that every piece of plastic ever produced still exists in the world and will persist for centuries is something I find really depressing.

I used the peels from our oranges to make homemade Citrus Cleaner, which since I started making, I always try to keep some around since works awesome for cleaning and disinfecting kitchen counters.

I used items I already had to make new artwork for Luc's room for free.

Our family used some of the MANY hotel toiletries we have had hanging around this week to use some of them up.

I ordered a couple of useful coupons from save.ca

What did you do to be frugal this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs